The use of online auction software has rapidly increased in the past few years as they can handle all the various aspects for conducting charity or commercial auctions both of the live or silent type. Application software allows its users to register and cash out different bidders, record their sales, and exclusively utilize it for cataloguing as well as consignor reconciliation whichprovides both buyers and suppliers with visibility of bid status in real-time and allows an instant response. They can also be used to renew existing contracts or offer consolidated spend opportunities. Software can be used to negotiate significant spot purchases and can be used to receive pricing on frequently tendered communications or service.
There is a range of software applications offering auctioning services that you choose from. Here is a guideline of how to choose auction software and the basic utilities that it should provide-
- Language-The software should aimto create a match between the system and the real world by using language and terms that are familiar to the user. To appropriately speak to users, designers must first understand who the users are. Free language is usually preferred such as PHP, ASP or Perl. High-end languages like C++ can prove robust enough for intensive usage.
- Graphic design-For enterprise level auction software the graphic design should promote the look and feel of the software. It should provide customizable templates, bulk inventory utility, automated notifications, launch scheduler, bulk listings and other popular features that make managing auctions using the software a breeze.
- User interface-It should incorporate varied settings so that it can be configured to meet different auction requirements. Unlike the previous method of bidding using sheets of paper, a bid can be placed on an item from any tablet PC located in the room or even outside of the room using the wireless network connection.The software should thus be designed to be compatible with iPhone, Android, Windows and other mobile platforms so that it is easy for users to locate their bidders. An easy to use interface that works equally well on mobiles, tablets, desktops and laptops provides a convenient experience.
- Scalability and performance-Software should be modernizedand scaled so that it can allow unlimited number of bidders to access data instantly which means that they should not be limited to running auctions on a single server, visitors should never encounter a delay in loading of pages and the algorithms should be designed such that winners are announced per round quickly.
- Simplicity, consistency and reliability- Software should be simple and must require minimal learning and auction administrators must be able to run the program with minimum interaction. It should be well-established and should have run dozens of auctions in the past consistently. Software cannot be totally bug-free but they should be negligible for its proper functioning.
Since a host of this auction software is now emerging one needs to know the wise suite of features they offer to make a more informed decision and choose the one that rightly meets your requirements and saves both time and money.